Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Portable Wargame

I'm hooked on the The Portable Wargame by Bob Cordery. I may adopt it to my own particular
style of adding and subtracting dice vice roll modifiers and using square bases for movement vice a squared grid and like hexes over squares. I've recently ordered some hexes from GHQ and a fellow wargamer on TMP.

I do want to have a few more playtests of it first. As a solo-wargamer I've found small math can be tedious. However this is not a DBx style game. I will post my first full battle report with these rules soon. I've been doing small little "test" scenarios with dice and bases only.

I love the exhaustion point mechanism. Also these rules can easily be adjusted for any period including naval warfare. Bob has given us a toolbox with the Portable Wargame.


3 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

I look forward to reading how your play-tests go with considerable interest.

All the best,

Bob

Just Jack said...

Jeff,

I look forward to the batreps, been a fan of The Portable Wargame for awhile now.

V/R,
Jack

Auston Jeff Butler said...

Thank you Bob and Jack.