Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 in Review...

Happy new year wishes for 2018 to all whom read this.  I had some hobby activity each month except March. I began toy soldier still life photography this year and it's been a fun addition. My painting numbers were plain dismal. However I did find time to rebase many models for use with new home rules. Speaking of those I discovered The Portable Wargame by Bob Cordery and love it. I have meshed his rules up with my own and come up with a system that scratches my particular gaming itch for army battles. 

I had a pretty good Spring and Summer in the hobby but things trailed off in the fall at the start of deer season as hunting has become a new hobby for me that I enjoy. I have given up on some parts of wargaming; for example 28mm Warhammer mass battles, but will use those models for Frostgrave-Mordheim type games. I simply don't have the time to paint 28mm models. Again, best wishes and happy new year.

The Craft
Foot: 1
Cavalry: 2
Artillery:
Vehicles: 1
Aircraft:
Ships: 1
Spaceships:
Monsters:

Terrain/Acc: 3

Painted: 8
Rebasing: 56

Total Crafted: 64

Battles Fought
Ancients: 1
Fantasy: 7
Naval: 1
SyFy: 1
Seven Years War: 1
Second World War: 2
Board Wargame: 5

Year Total: 18

2 comments:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Really pleased to read that you have enjoyed using the PW rules, and that you've modified them to suit your needs and requirements.

Reading you comment was a great way to start 2018!

All the best,

Bob

Auston Jeff Butler said...

Thank you Bob, happy new year!