Here is the RMLI Regiment which together with a battery or two will serve as the Naval Brigade to my colonial forces.
Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.
"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Monday, September 12, 2016
This weekend I painted up 76 3mm models. One Union Infantry Regiment and one Zouave Regiment. It's hard to make out but I painted the regulars with light blue trousers this time around. The Zouaves have red pants, blue coats and red caps. Please note the flags. Next time I will experiment with taking pictures of each regiment separately.
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Yesterday I painted up another British infantry regiment and another Madhi warband. This time I gave the British red coats. I really like how they came out. The temptation to go with red from here out will be strong, especially since these soldiers will one day serve the Queen on Mars.
Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Along with the British soldiers from my previous post I also painted up these ruffians.
I hope you can see the green Mahdi flag with the white circle near the center.
Forced myself to sit down paint tonight and I am glad I did. While painting I listened and occasionally watched a documentary on the Yom-Kippur War. I painted 34 soldiers total with the mounted officers counting as one each. I am happy with the result.
Note the white equipment belts and satchels.
I painted the British with khaki uniforms. I will use red for the next regiment to see which I prefer. I don't mind using red or khaki as these troops will see multiple actions.
Monday, September 5, 2016
I can't remember the blog where I took this idea from but I thought it had merit. So I went to the local thrift shop bought some old VHS tapes, removed the cover insert and chunked the tapes. I used Word to print out some new inserts and side labels. I am impressed with the so far. I will have to have more for artillery, cavalry and headquarters. These cases will lay horizontally on my shelf as seen in the second picture. Time will tell if this idea is worthwhile. They may not hold enough elements to justify their shelf space once my armies near completion.
|I really like my cover inserts.|
|I may swap out these paper inserts for labels.|
|Infantry on the left, artillery on the right for show.|