Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Saturday, July 9, 2016

My Marx 6" Second World War Toy Soldiers Collection


This summer I rediscovered the old 6" green army men. So I started selling off some models to fund the purchase of these toy soldiers. They now occupy a prominent location in my war room.

5 comments:

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

Ah, memories! I had 9 of the painted hard plastic 6" version, 3 Yanks, 3 Japanese, 3 Canadian. I have 2 of the Canadians left, no idea whathsppen to the rest.

Don M said...

That goes back quite a few decades for me, had those and some other odd ball stuff like spies and frogmen....)

A. Jeff Butler said...

Adding Canadians, spies and frogmen to the list. :) Thanks.

Der Alte Fritz said...

I used to have some of the Germans in grey plastic. Which nations are the tan and red plastic figures?

A. Jeff Butler said...

Tan are Japanese and Red are Soviets.