Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Crafting: 6mm Matchstick Toy Soldiers

I read Steve Turner's article on "How to Construct Home-Made 6mm Scale Units from Wood" over on the Lone Warrior website and thought I would give it a go. Below are some pictures from my effort. Very small time & money investment but overall I am not very happy with them. I've seen some homemade armies in 6mm that look great like Kenneth Van Pelt's 6mm Romans & Celts.  I crafted 30 toy soldiers but will not add that number to my yearly total as it seems false. Instead I will add 2 to the 6mm numbers, 1 for each row of matchstick troops.



No comments: