Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

WW2 First Game of Tiger Leader the Solitaire Game by DVG.

Had a go at Tiger Leader yesterday and finished up today. The game seems very clunky. I went online and there are many who share that opinion. DVG released an update kit PDF for it which helps some. However there is a night and day difference in some units. Take the Pz1 for example in the box set the Pz1 hits on a 9+ and has a bonus of +2 per die roll vs Infantry. In the update this was changed to a 6+ to hit with a -1 penalty for moving and now feature a defense of 1. And defense has been moved from the "to hit" part of combat to a saving roll. So a Pz1 in the open that hasn't moved will need to roll a 1 on a 10 sided die to save a hit.

Overall it wasn't very enjoyable. Also it came with a big price tag which seems a bit off given all of the trouble that game has had thus far. However there were some things I liked. Once the bullets started flying I had some commanders that were KIA and wounded from battle. This is a new aspect of wargaming for me. Which I find a interesting. I also like how the campaign progresses. However after the first battle my kampfgruppe was basically done for. We suffered heavy casualties up against the first battalion that I didn't have enough units left to continue the campaign. Something doesn't feel write about the enemy battalion card draw. I may not have read it correctly but selecting 23 points of enemy battalion cards is a LOT of units to fight against.

I am going to look at some ways to modify the game to my liking. I will probably borrow quite a bit from Memoir '44.

No comments: