Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Remember These....

My dad bought my a box of these when I was a boy. I loved them. Wish I had kept them but you know the story because you've done similar. Anyway I found some on eBay and have bought enough to make 2 OHW armies from them and will sell the rest of the leftovers back on eBay.

I will put together a little mini-campaign series of battles in the mythical world of Styx. The Forces of the Lady (good guys) vs. the Demons from the Abyss (bad guys.)



1 comment:

Chris said...

Great to see this! I bought these sets for my older son about 20 years ago. He was never really into figures that much, so I (of course!) hung on to them. We were unable to get the Dragonriders set specifically, but did get the others, including a rarely seen one with lava men descending from a fiery volcano. I painted up the human infantry for a kid-oriented medieval game, but never got around to finishing the non-human figures--I couldn't think of a good way of using them. Your rules have opened my eyes! (So did your Brigadier General rules, but that's another story.)

I'm no great shakes at taking pictures, but I will try to post some somewhere when I get the fantasy guys done and into a game of OHW.

Best regards,

Chris