Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Friday, November 7, 2014

New 1/72 Models

These are 1/72 Russian Medieval Cavalry and archers from the Army of Henry V box, both are from Strelets in the Ukraine. My first thoughts on the cavalry is to make it a command/heavy cavalry element. What I mean by that is declare it to be Thane Fenn Rodrick the Lord of Frostbear and allow it to serve as an early Army General (AG) element but when ever I field the Winter King or other Windsor nobles it could serve as a heavy cavalry element. I really like the look of the Russian Medieval 1/72 line from Strelets so I ordered another box off of eBay.

Still haven't decided on base size yet but most likely will be 50mm x 40mm. As I mentioned I am going to expand my basic battlefield size out to either 3'x2 or 4'x2. Leaning a bit more towards the 3'x2' as that would allow a 1' section at the end to hold models, dice, tea etc.  My wargame table is 4'x4', and has space on one side setup permanent for Battles of Westeros, Battlelore, Battle Cry and Memoir '44. I decided to just use one board from those game since they are almost universal. Next to that is a History Channel American Civil War chess/checkers set that my father-in-law bought me. It also serves as a great staging place for rulebooks during games. All that is on one side, the other is comprised of my current 2'x2' board with a 2'x2' space for incoming models and stuff. This is where the new 3'x2' board will go.





No comments: