Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

1/72 Trojan War Project: Testing Base Sizes

I am going to campaign the Trojan War in 1/72.  I was trying to decide between either 40mm frontage bases or 50mm.  Normally I prefer more models on a base than what either of these sizes will offer. However my tabletop space is 4' square and 3 of the corners have permanent (at least for the foreseeable future) setups on them. Memoir '44 on one corner, History Channel Chess Set next to it and then another corner for Battles of Westeros & Battle Cry.  I could pack everything up and leave the table free for larger battles and for armies with larger bases, but at any one time I have incoming models prepositioned there and I must also take into account model storage. It's much easier to store models mounted on 40mm squares.  However I have plenty of time to decide.  I might wait until I order some chariots to see how well they fit on these bases.  Might end up having to go for larger diorama bases.

No comments: