Welcome to AGSH. A wargaming blog dedicated to my Dad and the world's most noble hobby; collecting toy soldiers. Here toy soldiers clash in great battles from scales of 3mm to 54mm. Also the historical records of the imaginary states of the 6mm Republic of Prussia, the Kingdom of Aksum, the Principality of Huack, the Khedivate of Turkoslavia and the Duchy of Saxe-Huack.

"Truly it can be said of him, without count are his soldiers & beyond measure his might." - Prince Edward in reference to Lord Butler & his invasion force departing London for Mars.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Odds and Ends = French Artillery Gun


I have had no luck trying to find just a single WW1 French Artillery gun and crew I could buy or trade for to complete my WW1 French Army for play on the 15th. So I've decided to scrounge through all of my bits and see what I can come up with on my own.

Now it's my understanding that the French used guns left-over from the Franco-Prussian War (see picture at right) during the early years of the Great War. So I have come up with a gun, carriage, carriage wheels and a crew, all from different periods and manufacturers but I think I can make it work. The artillery crew are WW1 French Army Minifigs. The gun is colonial British as well as the carriage. The wheels for the carriage are from some long forgotten trade made years ago so I have no clue as to what period they may be for but they fit and look good. I will post a picture of the gun once I have it based, painted and flocked. The crew is taking a Simple-Green bath at the moment to remove the old paint job that came with the minis when I bought them.

No comments: